Saturday, November 12, 2011

RAIN. BOOM!

It felt so good when I woke up after a 9hours sleep. Today I studied at HSSlib and Central library. Planning to finish reading all my GEK notes but it seems impossible now. Haha. I shall try to continue reading tonight. Anyway, today is raining super duper heavily like a storm, seriously.

The rain actually started when I was studying at HSSlib. As my stomach is growling very badly, I decided to go to Utown to eat while waiting for a discussion with the Japanese group there. However, the rain is like someone sneezing nonstop. So, I decided to walk over to The Deck. The rain was not so bad that time. I sat somewhere that is rather close to the center, just in front of the Yong Tao Foo stall and suddenly, the sneeze is getting heavier until my whole table, bag, and water bottle seem like sprayed continuously. The condition is shown below:

The Deck
I was rather disappointed with the Yong Tao Foo stall as they provide limited choices of food today and seriously, limited- no rice, no laksa and there is only beehoon and soup to choose from. Oh well, it is ok. It is still nice.

Yong Tao Foo (Soup and beehoon) - The Deck
Taste êêê
Price êêêê
Portion êêê
Staff friendliness êêê

I decided to go to Central Library and hoping for the rain to stop so that I can go to Utown without getting drenched at the bus stop. On my way there, I saw this pipe burst and becomes a circular sprayer that flood the corridor. Luckily, I never get sprayed. I read a few more GEK notes and slept for half an hour :P

There is a river outside Central Library - Free Flow Teh Tarik
As I reached Utown, I went to eat again at Koufu. LOL.

Economic Rice at KOUFU Utown
Taste êê
Price ê
Portion êê
Staff friendliness êê
The discussion with the Japanese Exchange Group Students was fine. It was about the culture difference between Singapore and other countries. It is really cool to have many new friends and it is really amazing to see the diversity that this world has. It has been quite a while since I am so close to this diversity. There is a Chinese student who speaks English and Japanese very well, Korean who studied in Australia, exchange student from Korea, Malaysian who speaks Japanese very well, German who stays in the same hall as me and lots of Japanese. This is very very interesting. Somehow I am motivated to learn new languages by myself - they are very encouraging. This made my day today somehow.

And before I went back to hall, I ate at the Korean food at PGP.
Beef Hot Plate - Korean Cuisine, Ecanteen, PGP
Taste êêêê
Price êêê
Portion êêê
Staff friendliness êêêêê
The interesting thing about this Korean Cuisine at Ecanteen, PGP is the cook is a Korean. So, the food is rather authentic. Even though the portion is not huge but the taste is really commendable compared to the one in The Terrace, Business Canteen.

What's best is when I came back to my room, I could not open my door because the machine has no battery. I have to called my RF to help me open my door and he helped me immediately. Thank you very much, sir! :D

That's not all. I still need to mop my floor later because the rain came into my room (not that bad, but yeah) even thought I did not open my window widely.

I think I shall continue reading my GEK notes - aiming to finish reading before I sleep tonight, if possible. Jiayou for exam, everyone! :D

No comments: