Thursday, September 11, 2008

Successful and Significant

I just back from my boarding school Koinonia-
today's Koinonia is kinda special-
started with 'Stranded' quiz- my hallmate won.
then- continue with some worships- (nice songs!)
eventhough I am not devout
and the 'band' is very nice- ((:
then there was this one old boy from my school
who gave a sharing and sang a song-
what he said is true- it is just like what I am thinking for some times
that we will not want to end our success.
Once we want to have thing, called it A.
after we achieved "A" then we want to obtain "B", and so on.
It will just not meet an end point anywhere.

Being a successful person is very good-
but being a significant person in a good way is much better (:
I was thinking in class- looking at the absentees boards-
two names were absent today, and one for yesterday.
If you wann to know how significant you are in your class,
it is not by asking people or whatever it is.
It is just to be absent in a class, and if you feel something is incomplete in the class atmospehere,
then that person is significant as it has impact on the class.
It is just one example that I thought for these few days.
However, thinking further, I am kinda worry over myself too.
Will people remember me when I die?(Not to be vain but just wann to have my life to be significant in this life)
Like my mom,
I am quite sure that many people will remember her, not only just the whole big family from top to below- but also her friends- good friends or even not the so close one.
Sometimes I think- what happen after we die?
Not being afraid of die, but just curious what will happen.

Sometimes I think what my friend says is right,
"Silence is golden"
Keep my mouth shuts will help me not to talk bad about other people, i guess.
I just wann to be good. that's all.
I dont know why I cannot believe in something superstitious.
What I believe is, if i live and do good to others, it is as good as having a superstitious 'guidelines'.

Things to do:- Revise, revise, and revise chemm bioo phyys
(omg my physics is horriblee!!)
- be nice to my friends.
btw sorry to my friends if I did anything vy bad to you all ):

- Kohar Loves to Eat -
- Super Supper after Special Koinonia!! -

5 comments:

The Great Pretender said...

Lol, I sometimes wonder about my significance in the world. About death being the measure of someone's significance and stuff like that. I come to one conclusion. Do not bother trying to think if you are significant or not, just live your life the way you want it to be.

Why be significant if you are not happy as significant individual? but if you want to be significant and be remembered, then... be significant.

Anyways... You are, in my opinion, significant.

The Great Pretender said...

Oh, something more to add here...
You can only have one best friend, cos it is 'best' you see. best=the most good.

Anyway, be thankful of what you have now, there are many others who have no friend due to various factors like inability to trust, paranoia, inability to show affection towards others, etc etc. The list can go on. So... Yeah... Be thankful of what you have...

Kohar said...

@The Great Pretender:
Thanks ((:
u too

Veron said...

Being significant is good, being successful also is good. All is just how ur persepctive abt those. Mom was a successful as the whole person. She was also significant. Dun push urself to hard, jus tflow like water... Realize & accepted ur presence..

Kohar said...

@Veron jie:
Indeed ((: Thanks sis