Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Honour's Day

First of all,
thank you for teachers
who gave me these various awards.
Eventhough it sounds like a sardine
in a package of 1000 sardines,
I really appreciate it.
Thank you-
for the 3x5secs on the stage-
it is something to me-
not about the papers-
not about the name-
but it's about the trust you have put on me.
I realised something when I was on the stage-
and I learnt something in each 5secs on there.
Thank you for those who clap for me-
I was not searching for popularity-
but I realli appreciate your claps,
that show that I am a part of each of your life-
classmate - everybody, thank you
Each 5seconds do not mean much too me-
it is not the prove of your trust.
Your trust is proven by your action and words.
Each 5 seconds make me understand something
that it was for them-
ya, i am sure-
for our parents and relatives present there.
It's to give them the pride that
they are our parents.
The photos you have taken by
dragging your feet specially to the front of the stage,
shows that you proud of your son or daughter.
And I definitely and very sure that your son is also very happy for your presence.
I am just so happy-
in this busy type of life everybody have,
chased by time,
there are still parents willing to wait their son's turn to be 'honoured' on the stage.
Even it is not me,
ya- I am still happy for them.
Also congrats for you all- for your various achievement.
Last three were very amazing-
national,
international
standard-
sports.
Ya, just wondering when I will be able to become like them-
have something to be really proud of-
not just simply for recognition-
I will be one day..
_____________________________________
I want to write a letter to my mom:
Dear Mom,
I hope this letter arrived to your place, somewhere..
I know it is kinda too late to make you proud of me-
but I just wann to tell you that I love you,
I remember that I only said that three-words once to you during your lifetime.
you are amazing for me and of course for your other sons and daughter.
I was wondering if you were there when I was on the stage-
receiving the honor.
I regret that I never bring you around this new school.
Now everything is just too late
but I will not forget you, always.
Ya- I hope that you are proud of me-
and I hope you are happy, anywhere you are right now, up there.
Love,
your son.
__________________________________
For all of you who are talented, and etc.
Use that to make your parents proud of you-
...
__________________________________
To: all parents out there
I hope that all of you are proud having your sons or daughters.
I hope that all of you willing to spend your little time to your son's precious moment at school.
It will not come twice or three times.
It will just happen once- and that's it.
I am sure your presence will be greatly appreciated by your son.
because all of those are not about the awards,
not about the certs-
it is about your presence.
Your sons do not want acknowledgement from their whole school or peers
just because an award- they can just simply their friends about it.
But they want to prove to you all that they want to make you proud of them.
Regards,
Kohar

3 comments:

Good Guy said...

Creatively Created Continuous Consolidation.. Calligraphy with Caesura? :)
Nice poem you have there..
One day i will make my parents proud of me..
Thank you very much for the ingenious idea..

Kohar said...

@Good Guy:
Thanks-
you are..?

Anonymous said...

Sungguh puisi yang sangat indah dan menyentuh hati.

Walaupun aku seorang Kristen, aku percaya, ibumu yang tercinta... tahu akan prestasimu. Ia pasti akan mendengar berita dari yang lain... atau mungkin hadir di dalam acara Honour's Day itu...!

May God give you a peace in your heart... and may He bless you in your academy... in everything... so that you can make your mom proud... Bangga... Lebih dari rasa bangganya sekarang.

Fire Lord Sozin